~Thank you to NCircle Entertainment for providing the new Octonauts release for review. As always, opinions are still 100% my own. This post also contains affiliate links, in which I receive commission for your purchase.~
Octonauts, to the launch bay!
If you have a little Disney Jr. fan at home, you’ve probably seen your fair share of the Octonauts. Captain Barnacles, Kwazii, Peso and the rest of the Octopod crew explore the ocean in search of fun and adventure.
Along the way, they find many different species of marine creatures who are in need. From helping a frogfish and other creatures with an artificial reef to call home, to cleaning up garbage from the ocean to help protect a flock of seagulls, there’s never a dull moment with the Octonauts.
And you can enjoy all the fun and adventures at home with the new NCircle Entertainment release of Octonauts: 12 Rescue Missions! Just released earlier this month, Octonauts: 12 Rescue Missions includes 12 episodes from the beloved children’s series.
- Mariana Trench Adventure
- Artificial Reef
- Urchin Invasion
- Lion’s Mane Jellyfish
- Red Rock Crabs
- Loggerhead Sea Turtle
- Harbor Seal
- Yeti Crab
- Over Under Adventure
It’s hard to choose which one is our favorite, but there’s one thing that remains consistent through many of the episodes – fish biscuits to the rescue!
Ever heard of the term hangry? Just like we can get a little moody when we’re hungry, the same goes for some of the underwater creatures the Octonauts encounter during their explorations. But never fear! Tunip and the Vegimals have the perfect fish biscuit recipe to calm the hunger and ease the aggression of these creatures, helping to save the day.
Fish biscuits even help eliminate hangry behavior in my house! And I thought it only appropriate to munch on some fish biscuits while we joined the Octonauts on their adventures today. If we want to be productive honorary members of the Octonauts, it’s always good to be prepared!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugar and softened butter until smoothly mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the baking powder and salt, mix well.
- One cup at a time, mix in the flour until the cookie dough consistency is thick but not too crumbly.
- Prepare a surface sprinkled with a little flour and be sure to lightly flour your rolling pin so it doesn't stick to the dough.
- No chilling of the dough is required so this is quick and easy! Just take a nice big handful of dough and roll it out evenly on the floured surface.
- Using a small fish cookie cutter, cut enough fish biscuits to fill your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes and then remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Place the fish biscuits on a cooling rack and after a minute or two enjoy!
This fish biscuit recipe yields about 120 fish biscuits if using these small cookie cutters I got from Amazon. I used the larger of the three that come in the pack. I like these because they’re the perfect bite size and will help us feed more hangry marine creatures on our adventures with the Octonauts! If using a larger cookie cutter, the recipe will obviously yield fewer fish biscuits.
Who is your favorite Octonauts character?
One lucky Making Time reader will win a copy of Octonauts: 12 Rescue Missions + an Octonauts character toy (actual character may vary)! GOOD LUCK!
This giveaway is open to US Residents, ages 18+ and ends on June 9, 2017 at 11:59 pm est. Random winner will be notified via email and must respond within 24 hours or prize will be forfeited. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.