Thai food is one of mine and my boyfriend’s favorites. We order it all the time and each time we do, I think to myself I need to figure out how to incorporate the bold and vibrant Thai flavors into dishes at home. And that’s exactly what I’ve done with this Thai Curry Lime Shrimp.
I cannot even begin to tell you how amazingly delicious it is. The curry offers up some heat and the lime adds a little sweetness. The two flavors are perfect compliments to each other. And it’s just like summer – a little hot and spicy, but sweet all the same!
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- ¾ cup Thai Green Curry Sauce
- 1 fresh lime (juice and zest)
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 package of peeled/deveined medium shrimp (40-50 shrimp, thawed)
- Tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 tsp paprika
- In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, Thai Green Curry Sauce, juice from the lime and 3 cloves of garlic. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add 3 cloves of garlic, the shrimp (be sure to remove the tails) and paprika. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture to the shrimp and simmer until warm.
- Serve over pasta (angel hair pasta works great) or rice. For a healthier option, serve over spiralized zucchini.
- Top with lime zest and enjoy!
If you’re wondering about the Thai Green Curry Sauce, it can be purchased at Aldi. At least, that’s where I get it. I don’t know if it’s available in other stores, but if it’s not and you don’t have an Aldi near you, the sauce can easily be substituted with a different curry sauce or maybe even try a sweet chili sauce.
When you try the recipe, come back and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!