Spiders have to be one of the creepiest creatures on the planet. If I ever encounter one, you better believe it’s about to go down. But during the Halloween season, I love to eat them. Well, not real spiders, but candy and food that resembles the creepy crawlers, like these Reese’s Candy Spiders. A little sweet, a little salty, and all the goodness that comes with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. How could I resist the temptation?
Get the recipe below and give them a try for yourself!
- 12 count pack of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- ¼ cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1-2 cups of mini pretzels
- 1 single pack of Reese’s Pieces
* Refrigerate the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups before starting. This will help prevent the candy from melting while you assemble.
- Open the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and place them top down on a plate or pan lined with parchment paper. Leave about 3 inches between each candy so you can place the other components without them touching each other.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the pretzels into smaller pieces. You can also break them with your hands. The pretzel pieces will be the spider legs, so pick and choose the best pieces to fit the look you want.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Then taking one pretzel leg at a time, dip one end of the pretzel into the melted chocolate and place it on the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Remember, spiders have 8 legs, so place 4 pretzel legs on each side.
- Once the legs are attached, it’s time to add the eyes. Put a little bit of melted chocolate on one side of 2 Reese’s Pieces and place them on the front of the Peanut Butter Cup.
- Once all Reese’s Candy Spiders are assembled, refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving. This will help any melted chocolate reharden, keeping the candy spiders intact.
More Spooktacular Spider Treats for Halloween
- Halloween Peanut Butter Spider Cookies by Mommy Musings
- Spider Infested Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hungry Happenings
- Halloween Spider Cookies by The Inspiration Edit
- Spider Cupcakes by Simply Sated
- Halloween Spider Donuts by The Semisweet Sisters
- Spider Cake Pops by Home Life Abroad
- No Bake Spider Pudding Pie by Mommy Hates Cooking
- Mini Spider Pizzas by Recipe Runner
- Spider Web Taco Dip by Palatable Pastime
Other Fun Halloween Treats from Making Time for Memories
- Halloween Snowball Monsters
- Witches Fruit Snack Cauldrons
- Halloween Juice Boxes
- Oatmeal Creme Pie Scarecrows
If you’re looking for ways to make Halloween fun without leaving the comforts of your house, check out these 9 ways to celebrate Halloween at home!
*Please see this blog’s full policies and disclosure here.