When you want to beat the summer heat, cherries are a great snack option. The natural flavor of fresh, sweet cherries simply can’t be replicated. Making summer even sweeter, is this recipe for homemade, No-Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Yum!
~This is a sponsored post on behalf of Chelan Fresh and Moms Meet. As always, opinions are 100% my own. This post also contains affiliate links, in which I will receive a small commission for your purchase, at no additional cost to you.~
Never in my imagination did I think fresh cherries would become one of my snacks of choice. Every cherry I have ever tried was extremely tart and not something I would eat on its own. That is, until I tried Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries. I recently got 4 lbs. of them, and by myself, ate almost every single cherry over a few day period. Can’t say I’m embarrassed about it either.
I kept finding myself grabbing a couple cherries to snack on and ultimately going back for more. You literally can’t eat just one. Simply said, Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries perfectly fit the category of sweet, refreshing treats we all long for over the summer months.
Before I managed to eat all the cherries, I did make my family a frozen summer treat with some of them. I mean, it would be greedy of me not to share something so good (although I totally wanted to be greedy in this instance). Instead, I whipped up some No-Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream and it has been a big hit.
- 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups of freshly chopped Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries
- 1/2 cup of freshly blended/pureed Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries
- Optional: Crushed graham crackers
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract to the cream cheese. Mix well until fully combined.
- In the same bowl, add the heavy whipping cream. At 2a higher speed (I used speed 3 on my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer), whip everything in the bowl to a firm and stiff, yet creamy texture.
- Add the cherries and fold them into the mixture. If using crushed graham crackers, do the same with those.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe dish (I used this Pyrex loaf dish).
- Cover the dish and freeze overnight.
- Enjoy the No-Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream on a super hot day or just because! (We like to let the ice cream sit out for 10-15 minutes before serving.)
Optional, but highly recommended: Lick the bowl before putting it in the sink. This mixture has no raw eggs, so it’s perfect for licking the bowl.
Benefits of Eating Cherries
If you’re like I was, having only eaten super tart cherries and based on that, decided cherries weren’t a good snacking option, I guarantee just one bite of a Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherry will change your mind. Not only will you have a tasty treat, but you’ll also be incorporating healthy benefits into your diet.
Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries are…
- A good source of potassium, helping to manage high blood pressure.
- High in antioxidants, helping to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- A good source of melatonin, promoting overall healthy sleep patterns.
- A lower glycemic snack, compared to other fruits.
- Less than 90 calories per cup.
- High in vitamin C and magnesium.
Where to Find Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries
Chelan Fresh Sweet Cherries are a fairly inexpensive summer snack. They retail for $1.99-$3.99 per lb., which is pretty comparable to other sweet fruits. Wondering where you can find them? Check your local Walmart, Acme, Shaws, Safeway, Cub Foods, Kroger, Harp Foods, Rouses Market, United Markets, or Sprouts Farmers Market for your summer cherry snacking needs.
*Please see this blog’s full policies and disclosure here.