Want to help save our environment? The easiest way to start isn’t by recycling, although that’s always a good option. It’s by eliminating plastic bags in your home. I know not everyone has easy access for recycling, but everyone has the ability to change how they shop. I have a lot of reusable bags that I’ve gathered over the past few years, but I recently upgraded to the Lotus Trolley Bag and it has forever changed the way I shop.
~I received a sample to help facilitate this post. This post also contains affiliate links, in which I will receive a small commission for your purchase, at no additional cost to you. As always, opinions are still 100% my own.~
Why do I like the Lotus Trolley Bag so much?
- Comes as a set of 4 bags, ranging in size.
- 1 bag is a large and insulated for keeping cold items cold until I get home.
- 1 bag includes an egg and wine holder, so they never get lost or destroyed in the car.
- Except for the insulated bag, they all have strong mesh bottoms.
- All 4 bags attach to each other and strap together for easy storage and carrying. They also easily pull apart for single use.
- Can attach the bags to the cart handle while shopping, and when checking out, easily transition them to the cart for bagging.
- Rods help keep the bags lined up and in an upright position while bagging. The rods can be removed if you want, but I think they’re just far too helpful to remove.
- Machine washable.
- Overall design and materials are built to last.
- Fit most standard U.S. grocery carts.
The Lotus Trolley Bag is literally the only shopping bag set I need to take grocery shopping. I was a little skeptical when I first took it shopping because my cart was jam packed with groceries. As I was unloading everything on the conveyor belt to checkout, I worried that it wouldn’t all fit into the 4 bags and I hadn’t brought in any of my other reusable bags.
To my surprise, everything fit! My grocery helpers weren’t too impressed when I got home because the bags were heavy, but they dealt with it. Haha! And even with all that weight (gallons of milk, lots of canned veggies, frozen foods, etc.), the bags held up great.
I can only imagine it would have taken at least 15 plastic bags to bag up everything I bought that day and that’s a conservative estimate. I didn’t use a single one! My family does recycle, but for some reason our city doesn’t recycle plastic bags. It sounds weird to me and I don’t know the reasoning behind it, but while we recycle everything else that’s plastic, bags are one of those things we can’t. So any that come into the house are put in the trash. Not using them at all is the easiest way to avoid the waste and even if you can’t recycle anything, using the Lotus Trolley Bag is still a super easy way for you to help eliminate the waste too.
Want to ditch the plastic bags at your house? I have your chance to win a Lotus Trolley Bag! Just enter using the giveaway form below.
Do you already grocery shop with reusable bags?
Connect with : Website | Facebook | Instagram| Shop on Amazon
One lucky Making Time reader will win a Lotus Trolley Bag! Good luck!
This giveaway is open to residents of the US, ages 18+ and ends on November 14, 2018 at 11:59 pm est. Random winner will be notified via email and must respond within 24 hours or prize will be forfeited. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.