Is the holiday gathering at your house this year? If so, you can expect your kitchen to get a full workout, plus some. Follow these tips to get your kitchen holiday entertainment ready and the holiday memories will come with it!
~This is a sponsored post on behalf of Best Buy.~
So, the family is gathering at your house this holiday. No surprise the kitchen is the heart of the home. Everyone gets along when good food is involved. Is your kitchen holiday entertainment ready? I have a few tips that will get you and your kitchen ready. Just be prepared for your family to ask you to host every holiday from here on out!
This may seem a little obvious, but you need to clean up the kitchen. And I’m not just talking about wiping down the counters. Declutter the counters, clean the oven and stove top, throw out those moldy leftovers in the fridge, and don’t forget the microwave. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t go back for more food, hours after the initial meal. You don’t want someone to open the microwave, disgusted at how dirty it is.
Create a Menu & Grocery List
When it comes to the holiday meal, some families like to do a pot luck style dinner. But in my experience, the person hosting still does a lot of cooking. And in some cases, does all of the cooking. Regardless of how your family celebrates their holiday meal, having a menu will help.
Based on the holiday menu, create a grocery list for the dishes you are responsible for. Head to the grocery store well in advance of the gathering to ensure you can get everything you need. You don’t want to leave your guests to go to the grocery store because you forgot an ingredient in one of your dishes.
Create a Cooking Schedule
Remember I told you, your kitchen is going to get a full workout? It is impossible to cook everything at once, but when there’s a whole list of dishes to cook, it’s beneficial to create a cooking schedule.
- What needs to cook in the oven? Air fryer? Instant Pot? Slow cooker?
- How long will each dish take?
- What dishes will stay warm if you cook them first?
- Which dishes need to be cooked at the last minute?
- What time are the festivities planned to start?
Taking these things into consideration and planning out a cooking schedule, will not only ensure everything is ready in time for dinner, but it will also make your day run much smoother.
Prep Ahead of Time
While creating a cooking schedule, also take into account any dishes or prep that can be done ahead of time. Casseroles can prepared a few days in advance and refrigerated until time to cook them. You can even go so far as preparing them a week or two in advance, and freezing them.
How about cold dishes, like pasta salad? Prepare those the day before the holiday gathering. Do some of your dishes require chopped vegetables? Chop them the day before. Any prep that can be done ahead of time will help you stay on track the day of the holiday gathering and save you some stress.
You already know holiday gatherings means lots of food. I mean, we’ve talked about a holiday menu, a grocery list and prepping ahead of time. Where is all of the food going to be stored? I know I’d have to completely empty my refrigerator to fit it all. But what if you didn’t have to?
With an all-new Bosch Counter-Depth Refrigerator, the whole holiday feast will fit in one place, along with your everyday groceries. And it adds a sleek look to the kitchen. Everyone will be in awe of everything this fridge has to offer.
- FarmFresh System™ combines 4 innovative technologies to keep food fresh up to 3x longer, for less food wasted.*
- VitaFreshPro™ offers preset settings that automatically balance BOTH temperature and humidity.
- FreshProtect™ absorbs naturally occurring ethylene to slow ripening, so produce stays fresher, longer.
- MultiAirFlow™ evenly circulates cool, fresh air to maintain consistent temperatures throughout the entire fridge cavity, from the door bins to back corners.
- AirFresh™ Filter absorbs even the toughest food odors, keeping your refrigerator and freezer air fresh.
- Generous 21 cubic foot capacity is made even more spacious with flexible storage features, like FlexBar™, removable shelves, and door bins.
- 5 tempered glass shelves, 4 adjustable + 1 half-width.
- FlexBar™ creates extra space, great for wine bottles, condiment jars, eggs and more.
- Both sets of doors feature 3 wide gallon door bins that easily accommodate 2 large side-by-side gallon containers, each.
- Full width chiller drawer easily stores oversized platters, or snacks for quick access and easy visibility.
- 3-tier layered freezer drawer system creates extra storage for frozen items, from pizza boxes to frozen waffles.
- The door alarm alerts when the refrigerator door is left open.
- Stainless steel finish aligns perfectly with any stylish kitchen design.
- True counter-depth design sits flush with the counter top, providing hidden hinges, discreet tucked away feet, and a true built-in look and feel.
A benefit of hosting the holiday gathering is that you typically keep a lot of the leftovers from the meal. The Bosch Counter-Depth Refrigerator is not only great for holding the entire meal beforehand, but you’ll easily be able to hold all of the leftovers too. And since the FarmFresh System™ keeps food fresh up to 3x longer, you’ll be eating all that tasty holiday food for weeks to come.
Ready to get started? You’re going to rock this holiday gathering! But like I said, just be prepared for your family to ask you to host every holiday moving forward. Being the rock star host you are, you’ll be able to handle it every time!
Go ahead, rock your holiday gathering!
*As compared to a Bosch refrigerator without FarmFresh System™. Results may vary among different foods.
**Please see this blog’s full policies and disclosure here.