I know the holidays are over, but the story of The Grinch is timeless, and one that my family enjoys all year. From the original, to the one where Jim Carrey plays The Grinch, to the newer animated version by Illumination, they all tell the classic story in their own unique way. Speaking of, have you seen Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch? It just hit theaters a few months ago, but is already heading to Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital!
~I received a sample to help facilitate this post. As always, opinions are 100% my own.~
I absolutely love Illumination’s animated Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch. It offers the classic story with a more modern style – the same old Grinch, but there’s a more hip music style, modern language and phrases, and some funny, but relatable moments.
Do you know anyone who just has to be so extra when it comes to Christmas decor? Yeah…so does the Grinch.
Well, if you missed it over the holidays, now’s your chance to watch it at home! Universal Pictures Home Entertainment’s Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is now available on Digital, and on February 5th will be available on 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD. With it comes lots of fun extras.
- 3 hilarious new mini-movies featuring the Minions and Max (the Grinch’s dog, duh)
- Yellow is the New Black – Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter – Max braves the harsh winter weather, and an uncooperative Who, to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa’s Little Helpers – Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidentally dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
- Who’s Who in Who-ville (interactive map) – There are so many interesting characters that call Who-ville home, that it’s hard to keep track of them all. This “Who’s Who” pop-up book uses animation to create a virtual storybook that takes us from Who-ville, to Mt. Crumpit.
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” Lyric Video – Tyler, The Creator puts a modern spin on the Seussian Christmas classic.
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen – It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH – Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories – The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch reveal their earliest memories ofthe grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets – From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- “I Am The Grinch” Lyric Video – A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart – Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World – Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou’s Yule Log – Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies – A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw – Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O’Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
Here’s an extra sneak peak at one of my favorite scenes from the movie. If you have pets at home, I’m sure some of you can relate, haha.