Did someone say fries?
Oh wait, cheese fries?
What?! Bacon, egg and cheese fries? Oh my yum!
That’s right! This recipe for Homemade Bacon, Egg and Cheese Fries will have the whole family loving you. Anytime I get a craving for loaded fries, but don’t want to leave the house to head to a restaurant, I put this recipe to work.
Whether it’s morning, noon or night, you can’t go wrong with bacon, egg and cheese anything. If you don’t eat “breakfast foods” for dinner sometimes, you’re doing it wrong!
- 2-3 cups of vegetable oil
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 Tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of seasoning salt
- 2 slices of bacon
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup of cheese
- Heat/prepare the oil in a pan or deep fryer.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, garlic powder, seasoning salt).
- Slice the potatoes into thin strips and coat them with the dry ingredients.
- Fry the potato strips until tenderly crisp.
- While the potatoes fry, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy.
- Just before ready to plate, fry the eggs over easy.
- To plate, start with a layer of the fried potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Then layer on the fried eggs, and top with the crispy bacon pieces and more cheese.