My summer dreams include family vacations, soaking in the water, fun in the sun and enjoying the freshest of summer flavors. Dreams are one thing and reality is another, so when I can’t have it all, I know I’ll always family and the fresh flavors that make summer, summer. I may not be sitting on a beach in the tropics, but with this Easy Coconut Pie, my favorite tropical summer flavors make me feel like I am.
One of my favorite things about this Easy Coconut Pie is that it truly is easy. It’s literally a mix and bake recipe that creates layers on its own. As the mixture bakes, it separates into 3 layers – a soft crust on the bottom, a creamy custard in the middle, and the flaky coconut on top. Yum!
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup of Bisquick
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Pour the mixture into a pie dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown. Like a cake, a toothpick in the center of the pie will come out clean if it’s done.
- Serve the pie warm or cooled, and refrigerate any leftovers.
In all honesty, I think this pie tastes better in the first couple of days after it’s made. Once the pie has been refrigerated, I add a dollop of whipped cream and some extra coconut flakes over the top of a slice. It is delish and makes any summer day that much better!
When do you like to indulge in a slice of Coconut Pie?
*Please see this blog’s full policies and disclosure here.