I’m super excited about something and just have to share it with you. My 3 year old daughter apparently shares my love of broccoli! Isn’t that just out of this world? A kid who actually likes broccoli? I was convinced that didn’t exist, so I’m definitely a proud mom. And I want to make sure she keeps that love of broccoli, so I’m always looking for ways to change up our favorite broccoli dishes. That’s exactly how this recipe for Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad came about.
~This is a sponsored post on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. As always, opinions are still 100% my own.~
Broccoli Salad is one of mine and my daughter’s favorite summer recipes, and with summer right around the corner, I’ve been thinking about my recipe and how I can enhance the already delicious flavors. It took no time for my light bulb to go off. The answer? Ranch!
Not only does my daughter share my love of broccoli, but she also shares my love of ranch. When she’s eating chicken nuggets, she doesn’t want ketchup or barbecue sauce. No. She wants ranch.
So I thought what better way to combine our love of broccoli and ranch flavor, than in our favorite summer salad? With the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker, we’ve really been able to “shake” up the flavors in this wildly flavorful dish.
Have you tried the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker? It has really become a staple in my family’s pantry.
I’ve always had a hard time when it comes to seasoning our dinners. Just ask my boyfriend. He’s always asking if I seasoned such and such, apparently from the lack of flavor. Now, with a few shakes here and a few shakes there, of the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker, our dinners certainly aren’t missing any flavor. And that goes for mine and my daughter’s Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad too. Give us a bowl of this for dinner and we’re good to go!
As for the Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad, from prep to table, it takes only 10-15 minutes. With simple ingredients, packed with lots of flavor, we’re shaking up a lot of family meals.
Jump to the printable recipe.
- 3 Heads of Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1 ½ Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups of Real Bacon Pieces (Pre-packaged or Freshly Cooked)
- ½ of a Large Red Onion (Diced)
- Creamy Sauce (1 cup of Mayo + 3 Tbsp of Sugar + 2 Tbsp of Cider Vinegar)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker
- Optional: ½ Cup of Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together the creamy sauce (mayo, sugar, cider vinegar). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion. Then pour the creamy sauce over the top.
- Vigorously shake the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker over the top of the creamy sauce. Add as much or as little ranch seasoning as you want. Us? We’re not shy about it at all. We shake, and shake, and shake until our arms hurt. We really like for the ranch flavor to come through. As a reference, we add about ¼ cup.
- Gently fold everything together to fully incorporate the flavors.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.