Let’s talk baby carriers. As a mom of three I’ve had my fair share of baby carriers and have actually written about some on the blog. But you guys, there is NO baby carrier that compares with LILLEbaby. This was made very apparent to me when I spent a day at the park with the my youngest two.
~I received a sample to help facilitate this post. As always, opinions are still 100% my own.~
You’ve probably heard or seen LILLEbaby somewhere at some point. I’ve actually been eyeing them for about two years, but I had been gifted other baby carriers (various slings and traditional carriers) and just used those with my now two year old. Now that kiddo three is here and we’ve decided he’s going to be the last, I knew this would be my last chance to see what the LILLEbaby hype is all about. The hype is everything it’s said to be!
I decided to go with one of LILLEbaby’s COMPLETE All Seasons carriers and there are so many amazing features, I don’t even know where I want to start. How about design? LILLEbaby carriers come in all different colors and designs, whether your style is plain and simple, or you like to have a little fun with prints, LILLEbaby has lots of designs to choose from.
I have a lot of simplicity in my life, but sometimes like to stand out a little, so I opted for the Mickey Classic design from the Disney Baby Collection. My kids love all things Disney, as do I, and I’m sure my newest little guy will be no different. I think the Mickey Classic print is just as cute as can be and when we visit Disney World in the next few months, my little mouseketeer will fit right in.
None of the carriers that I used with my first two kids were so versatile that I could use them in six different positions. With the LILLEbaby COMPLETE All Seasons baby can be carried in front-fetal, front-infant, front-outward, front- toddler, hip, and back carry.
My son just turned one month so we’re currently using the front-fetal position. While you can purchase an infant insert, it’s not needed. All it takes is a rolled up swaddle blanket and we’re in business. And I have to tell you, I’m pretty stoked that I’ll be able to use this same carrier through his toddler years. In fact, my two year can be carried in the back position.
When it comes to LILLEbaby, comfort comes two-fold, comfort for baby and comfort for mom and dad.
- Always in a seated position. This is important for proper growth and development, and not all baby carriers take this into consideration.
- Fabric is made of microfiber and breathable 3D mesh, so baby stays comfy and won’t overheat.
- The extendable torso helps provide back and neck support, not just for infants who can’t hold their heads up, but for taller babies too.
Mom and Dad
- The wide, padded shoulder straps and waist belt make carrying baby so much more comfortable since baby’s weight is distributed evenly for maximum comfort.
- The little piece that goes on the lower back is such a simple addition, but makes a world of difference in lumbar support. I’m able to carry my little guy in his LILLEbaby for prolonged periods of time without straining my back because I’m maintaining a healthier posture and alignment.
- Easy to adjust straps make getting settled in a breeze. From the time I start putting our LILLEbaby on, I have full and easy access to the straps and buckles I need to adjust so that the fit is tight, but comfortable. Some adjustments are as easy as reaching over and behind my shoulders, or simply by my side/ribs or hip, and baby stays calm the whole time. Thank goodness for no more frustrating finagling!
I’m not going to lie, when I had my first look at LILLEbaby carriers I was intimidated. I was thinking how in the world am I going to figure out how to use all the buttons and buckles. It just seemed to be like a complicated contraption that I didn’t want to deal with. But now that I’ve taken a little bit of time to learn about all of the features and just how everything works, I’m in love. Even the extra components come in handy.
Pockets have become an exciting accessory in dresses, so why wouldn’t they be exciting on a baby carrier. You are wearing it.
Friend: “I love your dress.”
Me: “Thanks, it has pockets.”
In LILLEbaby terms –
Friend: “I love that baby carrier.”
Me: “Thanks, it has pockets.”
See what I mean? Haha! The LILLEbaby COMPLETE All Seasons has a large zippered storage pocket and an easy to reach pocket for storing the hood and other essentials. Leave the purse behind and carry your phone, cards, and keys in a pocket!
And I just mentioned the hood, which is great for supporting and shading baby’s head while sleeping, and also provides privacy while nursing. It’s totally an optional thing and can be removed if you don’t need it, or simply when not using it. I breastfeed my son, so it is definitely handy to have around.
Oh, and did I mention it’s machine washable? What a lifesaver. We haven’t had any blowouts or spit up incidents in our LILLEbaby yet, but after three kids I know it’s only a matter of time.
So I ask, what’s not to love? I’m telling you, the hype is real. LILLEbaby is literally the ONLY baby carrier you will ever need. The quality is great and it will last from infancy through toddlerhood. That’s why a price tag of $170 doesn’t even phase me and shouldn’t phase you either.
How did our day at the park go? It was hot as heck, but I unzipped the back of the LILLEbaby to expose the mesh material so my son could get some ventilation. He slept the entire time. It took no time at all for him to fall asleep after I got him settled in and started walking. Of course, this made the day easy and I could focus my attention on my toddler while she played on the splash pad.